At the clinic, herbal medicine is included as one of the treatment plans. Dr Lee has 30 years of experience in this field and uses remedies to suit individual needs. Herbal medicine is believed to be effective in treating:
- Gastro-intestinal disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation
- Anxiety and Depression
- Chronic fatigue
- Hormonal imbalance
- Kidney deficiencies
Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on the skin. At FCST clinic, the method used is dry cupping therapy which involves creating a small area of low air pressure next to the skin. This therapy allows enhancement of blood circulation, helps to resolve muscle tension and draw out toxins which promote faster recovery process. The treatment lasts 10 – 15 minutes per session.
Four Effective Full Body Exercises (to be performed with TBA – TMJ Balancing Appliance or OBA – Occlusion Balancing Appliance)
1. Jaw Stretching: Alignment of C1-C2
2. Neck Stretching: Alignment of C3-C7
3. Trunk Stretching: Alignment of Cervical-Thoracic-Lumbar-Sacral-Pelvic
4. Walking Exercise: Alignment of all spines, whole body muscle, entire joints
A large part of successful treatment involves training the mind to maintain positive attitude. Our brain plays a powerful role in physical health and many studies have shown that our moods and mindset can have direct impact to physical state. This is because positive thinking disperses endorphins which helps with pain relief, reducing stress and enhancement of immune system. In contrast, thinking negatively releases noradrenaline which can increase stress and anxiety. Therefore, training to maintain a healthy mentality is very important in speeding up the recovery process.
I uploaded a post on what might be an effective way to think positively. One effective way to think positively.
– a BBC documentary on how we could all benefit from ‘hidden power’ of empty tablets – explains how our minds can impact physical health.
The clinic also has ‘body and mind healing’ classes provided for patients which involve meditation, yoga and exercises which help patients to regain balance of body structure and mental stability.