Welcome to the Cure for Dystonia blog. I am 24 years old, living in the UK with a full time job and was sadly diagnosed with Generalised Dystonia October 2013. However, I was fortunate enough to find a cure and by January 2014 I was able to return home to the UK having fully recovered. Through this blog I aim to provide and share as much information as possible with other Dystonia patients. Here is a guide to get the most out of this blog:
- My story – two subsections: my story and diary during treatment. ‘My Story’ describes the development of TMD and Dystonia and the struggles I had experienced up until the treatments. ‘Diary during treatment’ then follows but I suggest that you first have a read of the Framework and Treatment sections to aid your understanding. It is still a work in progress but I will be uploading regularly so readers can find out about my ups and downs up until the end of my treatment process. I appreciate that sequencing may be a problem for some readers (i.e. the first post seen is the latest post) but I recommend reading from the earliest date which can be done by scrolling down to the end of the page and navigating to the oldest post.
- Framework – explains concepts and theories behind FCST (Functional Cerebrospinal Therapy). It is recommended to read the subsections in chronological order.
- Treatment – explains all the available treatments at Dr Lee’s private medical practice (also known as FCST clinic)
- Pigeon Hole – miscellaneous information, tips and resources
- Clinical Cases – videos of successful treatments at FCST clinic
Brief history about myself:
- April 2012 – Discovery of TMD (self-diagnosis)
- March 2013 – Medical Diagnosis of TMD
- April 2013 – September 2013 – Dental Treatment for TMD
- June 2013 – Symptoms of Generalised Dystonia start
- October 2013 – Diagnosed with Generalised Dystonia and dental treatment discontinued
- October 2013 – FCST (Functional Cerebrospinal Therapy) started
- January 2014 – Full recovery from Generalised Dystonia and relief of TMD symptoms